Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Paul Ryan Defense

Many thanks go out to Representative Paul Ryan for giving everyone in America a valid excuse to be late on all debt payments.



Me: Hello, Wells Fargo?
WF: Yes, how can we service you?
Me: I'm going to be late on a mortgage payment, but it's in order for me to get into a materially better position to pay the rest of mortgage. Cool?
WF: Oh, absolutely!
Me: I mean, you won't penalize me with any fees or record a late payment or anything right?
WF: Oh, no. We just want what's best for you and are happy to accommodate whatever repayment works for you.

Somehow, I don't think so.

1 comment:

  1. It's worth noting that Kudlow took Ryan's "2 or 3 or 4 days late" and turned it into "missing a debt payment?!?" I think the casual viewer is left thinking "skipping" a debt payment based on Kudlow's reaction.

    ReplyDelete